Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday, Dececember 2, 2008

It is with much regret that we must tell you that Harry, Dad, Grandpa, Papa died today at 3:57 pm at Bradley Memorial Hospital in Cleveland. His blood clots proved to simply be too much as one broke loose and traveled to his heart. The ER physicians did all that they could. Barb, Frank, Amy , Wes and Marisa were all with him. Beth arrived shortly after from Atlanta, Daddy, had asked Frank to tell me to come and asked “is she out of court”… I was in court with Anne for a speeding ticket in Atlanta. All who knew Harry know that he would not want to be bothered with suffering (nor would any of us want that for a man who was so strong in this life), so in the end our most Gracious God called our Husband, Father, Father-in-Law, Grandpa and Papa home where tonight he rests with our savior. Although I did not make it before Daddy passed, I feel honored to have sat with Mother until they took him away. Mother is doing well-would not we all guess as much-! but she is very sad as she has been with Harry since she was 17. I think most of us have tried to remain positive saying that irregardless of the outcome, we as a family, have been incredibly blessed. We have had so much. Our prayer tonight is that each of you are equally as blessed and we thank all of you for YOUR LOVE shown towards us. All of our lives are richer for having loved Harry. Funeral arrangements are on Thursday at Ralph Buckner Funeral Home in Cleveland. Posted by Beth Elmore-Aronica

ps - The family requests that in his honor any acts of love be made to the North Cleveland Baptist church Building Fund.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our hearts go out to you. No words can express our sorry. I pray that you find strength in one another and comfort in knowing how much Harry loved and cherished each and every one of you.
Peace to you my friends
Marlyn and Mary

Anonymous said...

Barb and family -
I just arrived home. When I heard Wes' voice mail, I knew it wasn't good. I logged onto this site and called Mother. She told me she had spoken with you earlier. When I got home Saturday night and read the posted updates, it sounded like things were headed in the right direction. I am so sorry that Harry lost the battle today. He was a fine man and I have great memories of our times together.
Please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Jim and Anne

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of this loss. I was praying so hard for a recovery. After losing Dad and Mom in the last two years I know the pain and sorrow. Our fathers had a strong family bond between them. WC loved your father. I was hoping to make it for the funeral but there is no way I can make it to Cleveland by Thursday. I wish I could be there. All of you will ermain in my prayers - take care of your mother - she needs you now.
My prayers are with you. The loss is hard to bear.

Paul R. Finnell

Anonymous said...

A Tribute to Harry,

Harry was my uncle. As Michael, Susan, and I grew up on Bates Pike, Harry was always around. We usually had a stray dog or two in tow to join the crowd, and Harry directed the fun ballgames with cousins David and Tommy and all the rest of the neighborhood gang. And after the games, good times and good eats around the table with Mammaw and Pappaw Elmore and Mom and Dad.

I am sure many of you remember the time Harry told Mike as a small child to run "home" while playing softball and he did, straight for the house!

To Barbara--Thanks for the shared memories with you and Harry on Parker Avenue and Bates Pike with Amy growing up with Melissa and Kristi. We all laughed so much and remember the Halloween party we had and everyone dressed up so funny.

To Franklin--thanks for all the fantastic football games that your Dad enjoyed and inspired you to achieve such success. You and your son have inherited the "sports" gene from Harry.

To Amy-- thanks for your love of "dogs" that you also probably inherited from your Dad, since we all seemed to always have a dog growing up. Thanks for all the play time that you, your Dad and Mom shared with Melissa & Kristi--I still have the photo with you and Melissa playing in the back of the white station wagon--and Kristi nearby in a short skirt with toddler legs and pigtails.

I am 8000 miles away but in spirit and in love with you all today, tomorrow, and forever more.

Harry's niece,

Brenda

Anonymous said...

To Beth--

Thanks for all the times in school in which your Dad and Mom and you visited around the pool and the cookouts.

You have inherited your Dad's spirit for comraderie and spirited conversation.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends that knew Amy's Dad. I know how hard it is to loose a parent and I pray that everyone finds peace by remembering the wonderful person that they knew and loved. Each day finds new hope and a new love and a new appreciation for the ones who have blessed our lives. Cry when you need to, laugh when you need to, and never take for granted the ones that live in your heart.
With all our love and support,
Rodney, Chuck and Aimee

Debbie McKinney said...

Hey Spike,

I just wanted to send my love and regrets to you. One day last week I re-read the long, heart-felt and hysterical letter you wrote to me a few years ago when I was going thru a rough spot. You are an amazing woman and since the day I met you have been one of my top favorite people. I am so thankful that God placed you and Amy Girl in my life. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you dearly. Deb "Spike, Jr."

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear of Harry's passing. Barbara, Franklin and Amy, my thoughts and prayers are with you all during this difficult time. I'll always have wonderful memories of our summer visits to Cleveland and I always looked forward to tagging along with my dad, WC, when he went to visit 'Fuzzy' and Family.
With much sympathy and love
William D. Finnell