Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hello Friends,
Once again, THANK you for the prayers, we have needed them and have felt them.
Today was not a good day. There were some complications from the liver biopsy and dad wound up in CCU (Cardiac Care Unit). However, they SUPPOSEDLY DID get abnormal tissue from the liver and did get the CAT scan completed. The negative is, once again, we were told it will be another day before we know if the brain is okay and what stage the cancer is. It appears that he will not be put on blood thinners and his treatment for the blood clots will be the filter placed in his abdomen. Our prayer is that in the next few days we get a diagnosis and a discharge to bring dad home for some rest. Dad is ready to come home. Please pray for comfort and peace for dad. The CCU does not allow visits. We pray he gets back into a room soon. Thank you for caring. The Family

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Harry,

I am sorry to hear of the trying time you are going through. It is
times like this when it is well to remember that we are one body, one
body in Christ, and we do not stand alone.

Everyone is praying for your recovery.

 

Tony Aronica

Anonymous said...

Hey Harry,

It took me a few days to find this link in my spam folder. I am so glad Barb called to let us know what is going on with you. I'm so glad you have all of your family close by and you and Barb both have a great support system during these trying times. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

I hope you get home in time to watch the Titans on Sunday.

Take care,
Fiesty

mjg540 said...

I cannot begin to tell you how saddened I am by your news. You all know that I love you and hope you can feel the hugs and kisses I send your way. I'm at a loss for words now, but I will get my thoughts together and post more later.
Love to you Barb,Harry and all.

Mary Gardalen

Anonymous said...

praying for you papa. I love you so much!
Love, Anne.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how we can feel so good one day and the next minute we find that our magnificent bodies were hiding all these things from us??
I am so sad that you are all having to go through this.
Hopefully Harry is on LOTS of DRUGS and his memory of this won't be a bad one. Keeping him out of pain and giving him rest is the best medicine there is.
Just keep on believing you are all held in God's hands and HE will see us through no matter what HIS plan is. Much love, Jeanne R.

Anonymous said...

To: Harry and his family,
I only just learned of the situation from a friend, and was saddened to hear of it. It has been probably more than 40 years since I have seen or talked to Harry. We were chums in high school and played football together.

Sure wish you good news and a speedy recovery. My prayers will be with you and the family.

All the best,

Jerry Spencer