Friday, November 28, 2008

Home, Bed, Shower and Your own Clothes will change your thoughts. Harry is doing good, most of the drugs that he was so full of when we came home have worn off and his appetite is returning, so is his good disposition. He also has a new addiction.. GREEN GRAPES,which Beth hooked him up with.
Thanksgiving day was a real blessing. Franklin and Marisa did it all at their house, the food was great, and we all were thrilled to have real food and not hospital food. THERE IS A REAL DIFFERENCE....Franklin,took his dads place with a special prayer and there was not a dry eye in the house.I told the family it is o.k. to cry. we have all been thru a lot, so tears are good. TEARS do have their place.We cried and moved right on to a wonderful day.
Beth and the children returned to Hotlanta today,and Amy and I got busy decorating our yards, I think we inspired the neighbors because everyone has some kind of lite on tonight. Harry and I have ONE HUGE REINDEER WITH WHITE LITES,,I think it is supposed to be Rudolph,,but all our friends call it the ELMORE BIG MOOSE..that works for us. The wreath is on the door, and we are good to go.that will be it for this year.
I have a date tomorrow at noon for a matinee to see the movie Australia. I so want to see that country,but neither Harry or I can make that flight. we have a 4 hour limit on a plane, after that we just go NUTS..soooooooooo,not going to Kangaroo country..My date is the handsomest guy in town. beautiful blue eyes, on the Presidents list with a 4.0 at King College in Bristol Tennessee.. Majoring in Sports Medicine..It is our grandson Grayson, all who see him will tell you that he is a carbon copy of Grandpa Harry,,,NOT BAD....
Harry has 3 ball games tomorrow, including the last of Phil Fulmer ...Go Vols, Beat Kentucky, However,Harrys new player is Julio Jones who plays for Alabama,He will be playing in the Iron Bowl.Harry got to see his last high school game last year, we were at the Beach in Alabama
, and Harry went to the game. ESPN was there along with 20.000 fans,,Harry one of the biggest soooo Go Julio.
I have one last thing that is almost too funny. Amy has a new title.NURSE AMY..Harry is getting 2 shots a day in his stomach for 5 days only, it is a special blood thinner,someone had to say that they could inject him before we could leave the hospital ..232 pound bench pressing FrankLin (presses 450)..said NOT ME..Amy said, if it will get us home I will do it,,and she did right then, all 116 pounds of her,we now know thatFranklin is exactly 2 of her.she injected dad and away they came wearing the backless gown, and hospital pants..talk about a getaway, Harry was a wee bit LOOPY,, POOR THING,,else he would not have left in the gown. they made it OUT before the hospital changed its mind....Amy is here at 9 in morn and 9 at nite..I am sure she is RETHINKING the living next door to mom and dad.WHAT A GOD THING ...she and Wes slept in the new house one night and left the next day with us to the emergency room..Franklin and Beth soon joined us. THANK YOU GOD FOR A WONDERFUL, LOVING FAMILY,,,AND WONDERFUL LOVING FRIENDS...I hope this has brought a smile to your day,most of the news has been such a downer and I have so enjoyed writing this while my mind is in a better place..We begin again with Doctors again on Monday,with round 2. Not sure yet what that will be. But when we know..so will you..WE LOVE EACH OF YOU. KEEP PRAYING. AND SOWILL WE...To be continued....Barbara xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo p.s I forgot.we know a good moving service, WES, he is still moving and moving and moving each day with a pickup truck full...he could be the next FRED SANFORD...GOODNITE

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara and Harry,

I am so glad that you are home and sounds like you are doing pretty well. I have been keeping up with your progress with the daily blogs.

Harry in a gown - too much visual.

I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and get all the rest that you can.

Love to you all,
Nell McNabb
nell_mcnabb@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

Mother; I am so happy to see this. We all love you. b

Laura said...

What a wonderful post, Mrs. Barbara. happy to hear you had a good Thanksgiving, and we'll be praying for the up coming week.

Way to go Amy on the shots, and Mr. Harry for letting her...I could see her as a nurse.

As for Mr. Wes, we all knid of see him like the Eveready Bunny...never slowing down. Yet he wouldn't be in PINK but WHITE..his color. Looking forward to seeing yours and Amy's decorations.

love and ((HUGS)) The MUNCKS

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that Harry and ALL of you got to be in your home for Thanksgiving. They just can't keep a "good man" down can they???It will make life worth living by being home.
I feel like I am right there with you. I have had to go through all of that and I am prayng every day that you will make the right decisions in the days to come. I wondered if they told you what type of Lung cancer he has? There are several kinds. Some are better to have than others? Of course mine is Metastasis from my breast cancer as were the brain tumors. So that is different.
My only suggestion is get as much information about it as you can from the net as well as the Doctors, the more knowlege you have about it, the better you can ask the right questions.
I have lived 4 more years with the lunbg tumors I have without Chemo, and had a good life. Of course it won't always be that way, but I have enjoyed the ride.
I just think knowledge is power and the more you are informed the better the decisons.
Yall are a fantastic family and I am so relieved you are home.
My sustaining verse is: The WILL Of GOD will never take me where the GRACE of GOD will not protect me.
My affirmation has been: My intention today is to stay uplifted and do what I came here to do as long as I am here.
We all have so much to be thankful for. This Thanskgiving will long be remembered.
Always, Jeanne R.

Anonymous said...

RAINDEER/MOOSE LOOKS GOOD!!!!
It's great knowing you are home.
Let me know when you are ready
for company and pictures of the
reunion. Hazel

Anonymous said...

PAPA! I love you! Glad to hear you are liking the fruit we brought you :) Grandma- you left out one very important game that is on today... UGA VS GT!! Georgia is now taking the lead 0 to 7. GO DAWGS!!!! :)Georiga has beat Georgia Tech for 7 years in a row..all dawg fans are hoping it will now be number 8! Today I helped mommy put up some christmas decorations. Now we are off to hit the outlet mall for some good sales!
much love xoxoxo
have a wonderful saturday!!

-chew :)

Anonymous said...

"This much I know; in the valley, no matter how treacherous and painful and difficult, nobody can take your hand out of the hand of the good shepherd. Because you see, in the valley, you and I are not holding onto him for dear life. Its the good shepherd who has taken US by the hand. It doesnt make any difference if we let go. Thank God, he will never let go."- Charles Stanley Dad, he is there in the darkest moments, even we dont have the capacity to "feel it". I love you b

Anonymous said...

I have been out o f town for a few days, what fantastic news to come home to. Praise the Lord, I simply cannot say enough how thankful I am you are back home and in good spirits. I am sure that was the best Thanksgivng turkey (ham, goat whatever) that you have ever had. What a blessing, May God continue to heal you and send you peace and strength to move ahead.
I love you all,
Kathy

Tammy Rogers said...

Harry & Barbara,
Just read your blog page. Scott saw Franlin at Lowe's today & gave it to hime. Just wanted you to know that we are all thinking of you & your family. We will be praying daily. We sure do have alot of good memories from Parker Ave to remember & talk about for years to come. we will continue to read updates as available. We Love you all.

Love Always,
The Cantrell Family

rctammy@charter.net

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad; just helping sis prepare her senior year book "ad"; a trip down memory lane for sure; it does go fast and much more expensive than 1981!!! Was nice to spend some one on one time with sis yesterday and nicky today. Sis asked me today who "bruce jenner" was and I told her about YOU taking me to see him in Chattanooga and getting his autograph after he won the decathalon.That was a memorable outing for me just with you. Unfortunately she knows him as "mr. kardashian" from reality tv. YUCK!. good luck tomorrow; we love you, b, sis and nicky