Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday 8:35 pm -- Dad has just come out of a procedure to place a filter in his inferior vena cava (a large blood vessel found in the abdomen). It was done under anesthesia with a catheter. The purpose of the filter is TO BLOCK clots from travelling to his heart and or lungs. The family is with him now and he is in great spirits and is asking "to eat" always a good sign. He will have a needle biopsy tomorrow of his lung. Thanks for your continued prayers. The Family; posted by Beth Elmore Aronica


Sunday 8:00 pm - Surgery is over, Harry did fine, filter is in place for blood clots, we will update you more when he arrives back in the room.


Sunday morning: The doctors have decided that Harry needs the filter in his abdomen
just in case a blood clot break free. This is so the clot will not get to his lungs or heart.
The procedure will take place tonight at 8:00 pm. Please continue to pray.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy and all,
Thanks for setting up the blog. It is good to know where I can turn to for the news. I fully understand the need to focus on harry's health instead of taking calls. The news was a total shock to me when Hazel sent the email. I am so sorry to hear the news. This has not been a good week of news for my friends and distant family. I have done more praying this week for others than in a long time and I pray that miracles will happen. Take care of Harry and enjoy the time.
All my love,
Paul R. Finnell

Anonymous said...

Barbara and family,
I must say I nearly fell off my chair when I read your news. I am just shocked! Most certainly you all will be in, and remain in, my prayers.
Phil 4:13 "In him who is the source of my strength I have strength for everything".
My Love and Prayers to all,
Kathy Schroeder

Terry Loutsch said...

I am very sorry to hear the news about Harry. You do not know how much I miss him as Plant Manager at Palmer Candy.
We will keep all of you in our prayers.
Keep praying and may God Bless all of you and keep you strong during this ordeal.
I will check regularly on the sight to check on Harry's progress. Thank You so much for letting me know.
Terry & Melonie Loutsch