Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hello Friends,
Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts for the calls, cards, prayers and concerns.
We truly have felt them. This journey has been an adventure. One week ago today it began and we have felt lifted by you all. Today was another long day of waiting with the assurance that tomorrow we will know the results of the biopsy. They have been honest that it is cancer and looks to be pretty scary. They have however, not told us the stage yet.
Dad will also have another CAT scan tomorrow to look at the spots on the brain. Our prayer is that the spots are gone and we are not dealing with cancer in the brain. If the brain looks good, then they will begin the blood thinners for the clots. Once that is going and under control, then we will look at treatment options. We all want to bring dad home soon so please pray that he gets “out of the closet”! That closet is getting a bit confining..ha!

We are very sad, but are trying to keep good spirits and find humor in things. We have been taking dad out each day and yesterday we maybe had him out too long. So today, he had to stay in bed all day…We said, ooops, sorry dad….(of course we had him out with the “stolen wheelchair” that we took to spin him around the hospital). We also laughed that it is pretty bad when you are giving people directions of how to get around the hospital. Oh yeah, we also discovered there is a channel that watches people enter the hospital so we watched that today for awhile…now that is what you call finding unique ways of entertaining yourself!!! He did have some visitors today and got to talk some football which always brings a smile.

Mom is doing great and feels your prayers. She is even wearing her “walking shoes” and doing quite well with all the walking in the hospital. She has even found an ex-military man who works in the hospital who sneaks and gets her diet cokes. We are finding that Harry is loved by all the female nurses and Barb is doing okay with the guys!
Thanks for letting us share our day and life with you. We love you all! Live life in the Minute!!!

The Family

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU PAPA!
-Anne :)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Harry,
It is 6am here.
All weather reports say we are going to have snow, but haven't had more than a flake so far. Anyway when I think of snow I will always remember you shoveling your first snow next door to me. Guess I won't bring to mind shoveling snow when you moved down the street from me :))))
May God bless you with a good day and may he guide the hands and minds of those caring for you.
Love you,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Dad; You are in my heart and I am missing you. from my journal Isaiah 41:13- I am the Lord, your God who holds your right hand and I tell you "dont be afraid-I will help you" b

Anonymous said...

Harry and Barb, don't know if you remember me. Frances Albritton.
Jimmy Chase told me you were in the hospital and I felt I wanted to tell you and the family thatI am praying for you.I so hope you will be able to come home soon and you will be in my prayers daily. I do know from experience that it works.

Anonymous said...

Hello Harry, This is scripted on behalf of Jim Lawson,M.D. by Joy. We regret to hear the health related news but do pray that soon you can be in your home for some true rest in natural surroundings. I know you are being nice to the nurses---we nurses have our ways of tweaking patients who misbehave!!ha Never once did I doubt that Barb would find many friends to aid & abet her causes!! Keep smiling & know your entire family is being carried on wings of Pray by a host of friends & family members. Today is a sunny 89 in Phoenix---you could work on your suntan in our sun even in the "stolen/borrowed" wheelchair! Love you, Jim & Joy

Anonymous said...

Hi Harry and family,
Yeah, it stayed cold here all day. I love parts of winter, however, after reading Jim & Joy's blog, I might have to consider visiting Phoenix :))
Well, I hope Barbara doesn't have time to wear out her walking shoes or drain the hospital of diet coke as that would only mean you are going back home. I think sitting in that rocking chair on your front porch would do you just fine. Have a restful night.
My love and prayers to all,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hello Harry,
My heart goes out to you and your family. Many prayers are coming your way. Hope to see you soon again in Alpharetta. Bring some of your candy with you.....would love to try it out :)
Karen